Sunday, 18 August 2013

Songs of Allison Lenore Annalora (10)


Monika: "Out Here On My Own" is a song from the musical “Fame” (1980) performed by Irene Cara with the music by Michael Gore and lyrics by Lesley Gore, the winner of the Academy Award for Best Original Song. I guess it is a very difficult song from the professional point of view?
Allison: Well no, not really difficult. When you sing professionally, you learn what songs suits your voice, vocal style and what doesn't. That being said, I love the song, so I learned it quickly....
Monika: What is your favourite line in the song?
Allison: "We're always proving who we are...."


Monika: Did you like “Fame”?
Allison: Loved it.
Monika: I guess Irene Cara, though talented and beautiful, never achieved the status of the top singer. Life is tough …
Allison: She had a few top 10 hits back in the 1980's, Unfortunately she sabotaged her own career with her own insecurities.....a real shame.
Monika: You look cute in short hair!
Allison: Thank you! That hair cut was at the very being of my Transition and my first appearance as Allison Annalora. Back in 2009.


  All the photos: courtesy of Allison Lenore Annalora.
© 2013 - Monika 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...