Friday 10 September 2021

Interview with Dubrazka Guerrero


Monika: Today I would like to introduce to you an amazing woman. Dubrazka Guerrero is a model and social media influencer from Venezuela. Hello Dubrazka! Could you say a few words about yourself?
 
Dubrazka: Hello, I am Dubrazka Guerrero, a beautiful transgirl who lives in the beautiful city of Spain, that is Madrid. I am a transgender girl who happily lives my life on my own terms. Actually, my family comes from Carabobo, Venezuela. Now we are based in Madrid. And we love this city so much. I live with my single dad. He loves me so much even though my mom passed away, so he gives me love and I cherish both my mom and dad. My dad always supported me in every decision in my life. And I believe that there is someone for me, who can understand my feelings and support me in every decision.
Monika: Why did you choose Dubrazka for your name?
Dubrazka: Yes dear, Dubrazka is a very rare name, I feel so special when someone calls me Dubrazka. I wish to have a name that challenges my beauty, my innocence, and my love, and this name completes my femininity. Although it also means love and independence, sharing them with people close to me. I feel like I'm a special girl in every aspect.

"I feel so special when someone calls me Dubrazka."

Monika: What inspired you to share your intimate life moments on social media?
Dubrazka: I am very active socially. Many people inspired me and I hope I can inspire someone through social media. It gives transgender people like us an opportunity to face this world. People want to hear from me. It is a trend that we are followed to gain social importance.
Monika: Do you get many questions from your followers? What do they ask for?
Dubrazka: As I am a social media influencer, people want to know what I do in my day-to-day life, my likes, and dislikes, my clothes, etc. They always ask a lot of questions related to my sense of fashion, my clothes, my feminism, and many other things. You know that many guys are surprised to understand how a guy becomes such a beautiful and elegant girl so that he can compete in all aspects with other girls.
Monika: Did you have a happy childhood in Venezuela?
Dubrazka: As you know, there are always struggles in the life of a transgender woman, when she decides to become a girl. I have also faced many problems in my life socially, physically, and mentally. Our family does not support me in my decision to transition. My grandmother is always against it. She always thinks that who the hell we are, people, to change the decision of Almighty God. But my dad always supports me. He simply loves me unconditionally. He takes care of me regardless if I live life as a girl or as a boy. When I was a boy, I was his mischievous son and now I'm his girl. He treats me like his beautiful daughter and treats me like his princess.

"Many people inspired me and I hope I can inspire
someone through social media."

Monika: Were your parents surprised by your transition? Did they accept it easily?
Dubrazka: My dad has always supported my decision about the transition. Initially, he was surprised that I wanted to be a girl. My grandmother was always against my decision, they wanted a grandson who supports the family but my dad decides otherwise and I am here what I am now. I don't really care about my grandmother because I can always count on my dad.
Monika: Are you satisfied with the effects of the hormone treatment?
Dubrazka: It is not an overnight change into who I am now. It can be said that my dedication helps me to become a beautiful influencer. And the support of my family also plays an important role in my transition. You are free from mental pressure when your family supports you in the most difficult decision in your life. Yes, hormonal treatment is not magic, it is a dedication to feminism over the years and yes, it also comes at a huge cost, so you have to be financially strong to support this decision.
Monika: We are said to be prisoners of passing or non-passing syndrome. Although cosmetic surgeries help to overcome it, we will always be judged accordingly. How can we cope with this?
Dubrazka: You are right, we are judged on the basis of beauty but this is not correct. We also have the right to live our own lives on our own conditions. It is only a particular choice and only a matter of likes and dislikes. In my opinion, to judge on the basis of this is totally wrong and unequal, and completely condemning, even though we are all human beings, and the Almighty gives us the same rights to live this beautiful life.

"My dad has always supported my
decision about the transition."

Monika: Are there any transgender role models that you follow or followed?
Dubrazka: As I am a social media influencer, I always accept the requests of beautiful transgender and transvestites. They are always curious to know about my daily activities. Although sometimes someone also inspires me. I also follow many beautiful trans girls for further inspiration.
Monika: Do you remember the first time when you saw a transgender woman on TV or met anyone transgender in person?
Dubrazka: Yes, I saw a series on TV in 2005, I don't remember the name, but I really liked that show. The program offered the opportunity to explore the world of femininity and live the life of a girl for a day.
Monika: What do you think about the present situation of transgender women in Spain and Venezuela?
Dubrazka: If society is very sensitive, it wants to give equal rights to trans people, and this gives encouragement to many transgender people who are hesitating to face society as trans. Although if you ask me, the situation is much better in Spain compared to Venezuela. The Spanish people are very kind, charming, supportive of transgirls, and support the LGBT community. This gives us positive vibes for transgirls.
Monika: Do you like fashion? What kind of outfits do you usually wear? Any special fashion designs, colors, or trends?
Dubrazka: I don't like to try on sophisticated clothes, I just wear plain clothes. What gives me comfort and at the same time. It gives me a cozy look that everyone likes.

"We are judged on the basis of beauty but
this is not correct."

Monika: Do you often experiment with your makeup?
Dubrazka: No, not really. I like to apply makeup, but I only wear a light one, but I am really experimental with my hair. Initially, when I first made the transition, I liked to apply a lot of makeup. But my doctor recommended that I should avoid heavy makeup because heavy makeup does not give you a feminine look.
Monika: By the way, do you like being complimented on your looks?
Dubrazka: Yes, always. I really like compliments from people. The boys congratulate me quite often.
Monika: Do you remember your first job interview as a woman?
Dubrazka: You know, I have never been interviewed by anyone before. This is the first time that I share my experience with someone who really wants to know about me, my life, our LGBT community, etc.
Monika: Are you involved in the life of the local LGBTQ community?
Dubrazka: I am an active member of the local LGBT community from the very beginning, but now I am busy with my own affairs, so I do not have too much free time, but I always believe in the LGBT community.
Monika: Could you tell me about the importance of love in your life?
Dubrazka: Love is a beautiful phenomenon. It gives me a feeling of joy and enthusiasm, as I also want my dream to be fulfilled because I deserve the love in my life, something beautiful.

"Love is a beautiful phenomenon."

Monika: Many transgender ladies write their memoirs. Have you ever thought about writing such a book yourself?
Dubrazka: Sometimes I really think about writing an autobiography, but sometimes I just reject this idea, but I'm not really interested in writing books.
Monika: What is your next step in the present time and where do you see yourself within the next 5-7 years?
Dubrazka: I will be joining modeling agencies next year. If God decides my future, I would be the most beautiful model in this country.
Monika: What would you recommend to all transgender women that are afraid of transition?
Dubrazka: I just want to say that it helps to be brave. The transition helps us to better cope with society and to provide equality and justice.
Monika: Dubrazka, it was a pleasure to interview you. Thanks a lot!
Dubrazka: Thank you very much, honey. I'm really someone who really wants to know about other transgender people's lives and share it with the world.

All the photos: courtesy of Dubrazka Guerrero.
© 2021 - Monika Kowalska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog