Saturday 11 April 2015

Interview with Kelly Star


Monika: Today it is my pleasure and honor to interview Kelly Star, an Australian model, and celebrity. Hello Kelly!
Kelly: Hello Monika!
Monika: Could you say a few words about yourself?
Kelly: I am strong, passionate, and driven with an aura of kindness. I am also compassionate to all living creatures living a Vegan lifestyle, which I believe keeps me looking young and radiating love all the time.
Monika: You hit the headlines in March 2015 when the American and Australian media presented you as a woman who claimed to have the “Largest Boobs in Australia.” Does the media attention help you with your career?
Kelly: Yes, by exposing myself (in more ways than one) I am hoping to further my career. It is a risk I am taking right now.
Photoshoot by Wayne Daniels.
I feel the time is right for Transgender girls to be featured in Men's Magazines alongside non-transgender girls. Recently Australia's largest-selling men's magazine 'The Picture Magazine' said they were going to do a 3-page spread of me, but as I did not tell them I am Transgender.
I think they have now discovered this and this is why I have not been in the magazine. This is very sad as it would have helped my career very much. But I live in hope that the offer may come again soon.
Monika: Your favorite quote is: "After flashing my huge fake boobs to Lady Gaga at her Perth concert she said to me: They are the best breasts I have ever seen, what cup size are they, I want to feel them, you are a bad kid"...
Kelly: She was so kind to single me to talk to as I was the only person she asked a question to. But yes she did go gaga over my booby flash to her.
Monika: Are you happy with your breasts? Some ladies would never go for such a size … 
Kelly: Very happy now thank you. I have had 17 breast augmentations with 7 sets of implants costing $100,000 in total so far! 12 surgeries have been correction procedures after my first set of custom size implants (over 1000cc) were placed wrongly in Asia. As I still have a minor correction still needed on them I have now decided to get 2000cc again (largest size 'silicon' implants available in the world).
As my surgeon said the new dimension now available in the 2000cc implant will be perfect to fix the minor compilation I still have. I said to him they will look amazing, even more amazing was his reply.

Biggest Implants in Australia.

There are many risks with custom size breast implants, so I understand many people not wanting to go so big. But I have always been an extremist wanting to push boundaries and attitudes, and in doing so I hope to provide inspiration to others who are like-minded who I know need encouragement (being extreme takes courage). Or others just waiting to be a little extreme.
Monika: When did you decide that you would like to be a stage artist and model?
Kelly: I have always wanted to be on stage to perform in many different ways like modeling, playing music in a band (I play Rockabilly style slap bass), sport, and now topless entertainment for men.
I also have an inspiration to perform in nightclubs, whether doing a featured act as having The Biggest Implants in Australia or doing shows in gay and straight nightclubs.
Monika: Could you name some of the unforgettable venues and shows in which you participated as a performer or model?
Kelly: I was Runner-up in the Miss Mykonos pageant in Greece. Also, I was asked by Vivienne Westwood herself to model for her in London Fashion Week.
I was also a top ten finalist in Models One (London's leading modeling agency) modeling competition. I have also modeled in catwalk shows and have done other modeling jobs in Sydney Australia. 
Monika: Have you ever taken part in transgender beauty pageants?
Kelly: Recently I have attended the Miss International Queen Pageant in Thailand and I am considering entering the Miss Transsexual Australia pageant in 2016.


Monika: Being beautiful always produces a lot of girl power and empowerment. Do you often use it? :)
Kelly: Ha thank you, well, I try to use it to my advantage as much as possible. It feels nice to get V.I.P. treatment. And manipulating men is always fun!
Monika: What is the present situation of transgender women in Australian society? 
Kelly: Currently in Australia legally people who are Transgender are now considered to have a 'disability'. It now means that extra care packages of basic medical care can be free for, but limited to a set amount throughout each year. The term disability I feel is not right, but at least the Government is trying to be of assistance.
Miss Mykonos Competition.
Also, I am currently feeling a shift, as others in America are also feeling the same towards acceptance and not just tolerance of Transgender people in general. The feelings towards us in Australia are becoming much more positive, but I feel there is much education still needed. Especially towards the families of partners, and potential partners of Transgender people, who may struggle with the fact that their family member or friend is attracted to a girl who was born a boy.
I have also seen that potential/partners sometimes FALSELY question themselves or worry people may think they are less masculine or less heterosexual and it is so not true. Just because you find out the girl you are attracted to used to be a boy does not make you less masculine or less heterosexual.
In fact, I think it takes a very strong man to date a Trans woman. This is something I believe will help us very much; when tolerance moves to acceptance potential partners will be at the least not discouraged to start a relationship with a Transgender person.
In addition, I have read that it is often the partners who encourage their Transgender partner not to tell anyone they are Transgender, that these partners often go on to be the abusers of their partners. 
Monika: At what age did you transition into a woman yourself? Was it a difficult process? 
Kelly: I started my transition at 16 when I started hormone therapy without anyone else's knowledge, and telling my doctor I was 18 when I was in fact 16 to get hormones. It was not too difficult being so young as I was often misgendered by the public in my youth. 
Monika: At that time of your transition, did you have any transgender role models that you followed?
Kelly: My main inspiration was Tula Caroline Cossey and also an incredibly beautiful Australian Transgender woman called Julia Summers who was a showgirl who also famously appeared in Australian Penthouse Magazine.

Miss Mykonos Competition.

Monika: Are there are any transgender ladies that you admire and respect now?
Kelly: Currently I greatly admire a Transgender Model/Actor/Performer from the U.S.A. named Cassandra Cass. She is exceptionally beautiful with the hottest body of any Transgender girl I have ever seen. As I also have a desire to be a performer, model. actress as a transgender person, I greatly admire how driven she is to always better herself in all areas of her life. And because she is so beautiful, talented, honest, and kind-hearted.
Monika: What was the hardest thing about your coming out?
Kelly: For me, it would've been the fact that many family and friends did not want to associate with me. As it is their support that is greatly needed. This is something I have difficulty comprehending how family and friends can be so unkind to someone who made the transition to be who they are.
Being Transgender is a beautiful gift I believe and for me, I love and accept myself fully and now only want to be around people who feel the same towards me, I think only positive outcomes can happen in thinking like this.

I.T. Models Comp. Card.

Monika: The transgender cause is usually manifested together with the other LGBT communities. Being the last letter in this abbreviation, is the transgender community able to promote its own cause within the LGBT group?
Kelly: In Australia, it is called LGBTIQ. My doctor told me that as the gay movement is now so big that being grouped together can help in getting laws passed for everyone. I am not opposed to being grouped together, but I think it may not be the best for us in terms of people understanding that that one's sex and sexuality are completely different. As there is much misunderstanding in general and making it more simple to understand separately or in smaller groups may be better for us.
Monika: What do you think in general about transgender stories or characters which have been featured in films, newspapers, or books so far?
Kelly: I feel it is very important for Transgender for us to be in as many stories, films, television, and books as possible. So far I think the media's sometimes negative stories/comments have not been good at all, but I think the media are now becoming very positive towards us, with stories of Transgender children really helping the general public to want to understand and fully accept Transgender people. All Transgender stories or involvement in many media outlets is helping very much I think.
Monika: Do you like fashion? What kind of outfits do you usually wear? Any special fashion designs, colors, or trends?
Kelly: Yeah, I love fashion and love that many Transgendered girls are now featured in runway shows and editorials. I like to dress as provocatively as possible, pushing boundaries in what I wear too.

New Idea Magazine.

Monika: Could you tell me about the importance of love in your life?
Kelly: Love is very important to me, but I know you must love yourself fully before entering a relationship if you want it to succeed. I hope to make someone very happy one day.
Monika: Many transgender ladies write their memoirs. Have you ever thought about writing such a book yourself?
Kelly: I love reading the memoirs of Transgender ladies and own many such books. I have had many people tell me I should write my own story, hopefully, the future beholds some of the best potential stories, and yes I would write a book.
Monika: Are you working on any new projects now?
Kelly: Currently I am considering working as a topless performer in Men's Strip Clubs and also at parties with other girls in an agency. I am hoping that I may be a featured act as having the Biggest Breast Implants in Australia and also as being marketed as being transgender alongside other girls who are not transgender. Or I may try this without disclosing that I am Transgender as I have done previously.

New Idea Magazine.

I am also planning to enter many wet t-shirt competitions and also Best Breasts in the West, a long-running competition held in my hometown of Perth Western Australia.
I also want to compete in the Miss Silicone Competition and start a similar competition in Australia.
And lastly, I have the desire to do shows in Gay nightclubs as a Transgender performer, something I have never done. So one way or another I am planning to be on stage and expose my beautiful breasts for all to admire.


Monika: What would you recommend to all transgender girls struggling with gender dysphoria?
Kelly: My advice would be to not waste any time with your transition, and to complete any surgeries as early as possible. Most importantly surround yourself with people who encourage your success, reaching out to whoever those people are.
Monika: Kelly, thank you for the interview!
Kelly: Thanks so much for your time in interviewing me, and all your effort Monika in making this world more knowledgeable and a much happier place.

All the photos: courtesy of Kelly Star.
© 2015 - Monika Kowalska
  

Search This Blog